Sabtu, 14 Maret 2015

I am bitterly, bitterly disappointed!

Dad is a male figure who deserves to be admired in personality traits, attitudes, and actions. Dad has a big responsibility to the family. No need to doubt his affection because it’s equal and perhaps greater than a mother. As they say, the mother has a great affection to the child because the mother give birth and care for children since the child was born. Because sometimes the father was jealous when he saw the children closer to her mother. Therefore, as much as possible father will fulfill request and needs of families, especially for his children. The happiness of her family members is his happiness. That’s a figure of a father.

The nature of the father is supposed to teach their children, responsible and tried to make family members happy. Maybe dad ever angry or hit their children, but believe me that it is a form of his affection to his children. It just because Dad has a great responsibility in educating children.

Okay. Let me tell you something about my family, especially my Dad.

Fathers, be good to your daughters. Daughters will love like you do. (John Mayer)

We hear a lot about the importance of male role models in a boy’s life. It is indeed important. But what’s often missing from the conversation is the importance of fathers in a daughter’s life as well. Children really do learn what they live. Not having the perspective of older people, they consider whatever their family is like as their “normal.” From infancy, girls draw conclusions about what men are like from the men in their life. If there is a father (or a male in her life who takes a father role), that man becomes her guidepost for what to expect of men and what to expect of men’s attitude toward women. His relationship to her mother or his significant other is her template for what her relationship with a man will be when she grows up. A girl’s father is one of the most influential people in her life, from infant to toddler to tween to teen. Learn why Dad has such a big impact on his little girl’s development into a strong, confident woman. Unfortunately, I was a woman who less fortunate because I really lack of affection from someone who called father. I grew into an adult woman without the guidance of a father. In this world I don’t lack anything other than the affection of a father. I don't even know what it's like to have father-daughter relationship because I honestly have no feelings about this whole relationship. Pity me!

My parents divorced. For many people, their parents' divorce marks a turning point in their lives, whether the divorce happened many years ago or is taking place right now. So plenty of kids and teens have to go through this. But when it happens to you, you can feel very alone and unsure of what it all means. Why Are My Parents Divorced?

My Parents divorce for many reasons. My parents feel they can no longer live together due to fighting and anger, or because the love they had when they married has changed. It's due to a serious problem like drinking, abuse, or gambling. After the divorce, my father out of the house away without parting words. Father disappeared and never contacted us. He no longer pay for our lives and our school. We live without the protection of father and I’m struggling to feed my family until now. Everybody know that kids need to be fed, clothed, housed, and cared for. Children whose parents provide for them live better lives, feel valued, and have better relationships with both their parents. They need the role model of a responsible male acting responsibly. Just as they need you to be present in their lives, regardless of whether you live with their mom, they also need you to live up to financial obligations to the very best of your ability.

When my parents are divorcing, I experience many feelings. My emotions change a lot, too. I feel stressed out, angry, frustrated, or sad. I  feel protective of one parent or blame one for the situation. I feel abandoned, afraid, worried, or guilty. I also feel relieved, especially there has been a lot of tension or fighting at home. I lost myself in every effort to appease each side of my family. Shuffling alone between two separate lives meant that I was on the fringe of each family, never an insider. The people I loved most were never in the same room together, and many of them barely even knew each other existed. I missed out on events and celebrations because I would have to spend time with my other family.

After divorced, he never calls, he works all hours and doesn't know a thing about me and my siblings. My mom is effectively a single parent. When I call he half heartedly talks to me. We have brought it up with him but he shrugs it off and carries on ignoring us. He basically isn't a family man and never will. My mum said She regrets marrying him - my sister was crying. When I asked mom why dad didn’t love us anymore all she did was cry. She would cry every night till her eyes were puffy. I could see the pain in her eyes even when she smiled.

When I was 21, my dad remarried after 2,5 years divorced. I’ve never felt loved by my father. I had convinced myself that my father was a terrible man who didn't love me, didn't care about me, didn't want to be a part of my life. And I thought to myself, perhaps this was because I was un-lovable? I thought, maybe I am unworthy of being loved or cared for? I was stuck in the "daddy doesn't love me" syndrome, which affected my everyday life, and all of my relationships.  

I always hated when other kids talked fondly about their fathers while I hardly had any memory of you except the day you threw us out in the cold. Even when we were still living together I hardly saw you. How I wish you could spend just one day a week at home, help me with my homework, go to the parent-teachers meetings  or even teach me how to ride a bicycle. That never happened because you were too busy growing your numerous investments and when you had time off you would spend it all out drinking with your buddies.  Your daughter has suffered most growing without you. It pains her that you don’t even know her favorite color or meal. You denied her the chance of being ‘daddy’s little girl’ like her friends. You ought to have been the first man to love her unconditionally and tell her how beautiful she is every day. You were never around when she needed you to read bed time stories or stick by her side when she differed with mom. I have a great mother, uncles, cousins and brothers but it does not equate to having an actual, physical father. There is no stage in life that you can “get over” not having a father.

I’m reminded of it when I look back on my past relationships, when my best friend can call and talk to her dad about car repairs and dreadfully when I do find that perfect man and have to walk down the aisle solo. It’s a constant pain that thumps faintly and then spikes when the situation arises. If I could take a pain killer I would but nothing changes the heartache of a fatherless child.
I am writing this so you know what a monster you are, because you seem to have forgotten. You left us, you don’t feed us, don’t provide a better life for us, and you just have fun with your new wife without thinking  us.


You made me feel so small for so long, but I’m finally ready to be strong.

I am bitterly, bitterly disappointed,
Erica Yin

1 komentar:

AGUS SALIM mengatakan...

Erica...you are Brave & Amazing Girl...You will find a lot of happiness in this Life